Here are some more tips for calling it a day, and closing the day in best fashion.
- Don't bring work home.
- Spend quality time with the family.
- Do the following exercises; it will help you wind down and also increase your concentration levels.
- Stand at ease with your feet about 12 inches apart and fold your arms as in prayer. Your neck and shoulders should be relaxed and your body straight.
- Stand completely still, close your eyes and let the 'mental patterns' to stabilize.
- Raise your right knee, turned at an angle of 90 degrees, and place the sole of your feet on the inside of your left leg as high as possible. Try and clear the patterns forming before your mind's eye.
- Lie flat on your back. Bring your knees to your chest; then raise your legs and hips off the ground, supporting your lower back with your hands.
- Straighten your legs and raise your body as shown in the picture.
- Lower your legs gently behind your head and touch the ground with your toes; continue supporting your lower back with your hands.
- Return to sleeping position
Ensure that you have a light diet for dinner, and have it typically around 7 PM (or 2 hours before your bed time at the minimum).
Take note that lunch can be had full, but dinner should always be light, as the body is more in standby support mode, and may not have all the energy required for great digestive functioning.
Hence, it is always better to stay low on dinner, and not to embark on binge eating at night.