Saturday, November 12, 2011

Glimpses from Mahabharata # 12 - Dronar & Kripar

All the princes took education under Dronacharya and Kripacharya.

The first lesson started, " Always speak truth. Do not be angry. Help others". Next day teacher asked "Do every one learned the lesson"? Every one learned the lesson except Yudhishthir.

Do learn the lesson tomorrow, teacher said,


"Still I am not able to learn the lesson teacher" Yudhishthir said the next too. Teacher gave him one more day.

Teacher lost his temper " what a fool you are. In three days you are not able to learn three lines". He punished him. "Still I am not able to learn the lesson teacher" Yudhishthir said the next too.

Teacher was very unhappy and among all princes he was punishing Yudhishthir. "He knows the lesson well. He taught this lesson us at home" all the Pandav told the teacher.

"I learned only the words but still I can not follow them. I get angry some time. Sometime I tell lie. That is why I said, I still not able to learn the lesson".

Kripacharya was very impressed with his answer. This was a great truth that we learn only the words not the lesson itself. He lost his temper during teaching them this lesson. He blessed Yudhishthir that he will be known for his love for the truthfulness for long.

No comments: