Monday, May 30, 2011

Mulla Stories # 30 - Mulla's girl friend

One afternoon, Nasruddin and his friend were sitting in a cafe, drinking tea, and talking about life and love.

"How come you never got married, Nasruddin?" asked his friend at one point.

"Well," said Nasruddin, "to tell you the truth, I spent my youth looking for the perfect woman."

In Cairo, I met a beautiful and intelligent woman, with eyes like dark olives, but she was unkind. Then in Baghdad, I met a woman who was a wonderful and generous soul, but we had no interests in common.

One woman after another would seem just right, but there would aways be something missing. Then one day, I met her. She was beautiful, intelligent, generous and kind.

We had everything in common. In fact she was perfect.

Well,said Nasruddin's friend, what happened? Why didn't you marry her?

Nasruddin sipped his tea reflectively.

Well, he replied, it's a sad thing. Seems she was looking for the perfect man.

No comments: