Many a time, we are confounded with problems that seem to be having pretty easy, but too many, solutions. This would require going through multiple rounds of reviews and fixes to finally solve the issue - going through the same dreaded path every now and then. So how really do you ensure you don't have to tread the same route again?
Just one way - think "out-of-the-box", and come up with a solution. Here is a story to prove the point.
Assume you are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. It is raining heavily, you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
- An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
- An old friend who once saved your life.
- The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car - it is just a small two seater car?
- You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you
should save her first.
- Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this
would be the perfect chance to pay him back.
- However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.
Guess what is the best solution - the "Out-of-the-box" model?
You can give the car keys to your Old friend and let him take the Old lady to the hospital. This would also ensure you would stay behind and wait for the bus with the perfect partner of your dreams.
Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations.
Never forget to “Think Out Of the Box.”